Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-10-2017, 08:49 AM   #1
80sMetalDude

Drives: .
Twistedshifterz Camaro SS Knob

Kinda bummed out. Waited a month for this custom shift knob that was supposed to work on 13' and up. Went through the pains of getting the stock knob off only to find that the adapter only seats far enough down the shifter column that the hole is about 1/4" below the hole from the shifter adapter.

Does anyone know a place that sells knobs with adapters that actually fit our Gen6 columns????

Imagine my excitement to install this after waiting a month for the order! I'm sure there is a way to make this work but I'd rather the hole just line up and it be a solid install. Don't really want to drill a hole in the stock column...
Attached Images

80sMetalDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:09 PM   #2
ToadMcFrog

Drives: '17 2SS
This sounds exactly like the issue I had with my knob from Speed Dawg, and the adapter on yours looks exactly like mine. I think your knob is likely manufactured by Epco for your vendor.

I think the difference comes down to some kind of difference between the 2016 and 2017 shifters. If you contact your vendor, they can likely get you a return to Epco; they will mill out the shifter enough to sit on the lever properly. I got mine back from Epco within about 2 weeks.
ToadMcFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:17 PM   #3
80sMetalDude

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadMcFrog View Post
This sounds exactly like the issue I had with my knob from Speed Dawg, and the adapter on yours looks exactly like mine. I think your knob is likely manufactured by Epco for your vendor.

I think the difference comes down to some kind of difference between the 2016 and 2017 shifters. If you contact your vendor, they can likely get you a return to Epco; they will mill out the shifter enough to sit on the lever properly. I got mine back from Epco within about 2 weeks.
TY. I was actually on Speed Dawgs site today wondering if same issues would arrive.

I didn't get any response from where I ordered mine. Maybe I'll just contact EPCO.
80sMetalDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:48 PM   #4
ToadMcFrog

Drives: '17 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sMetalDude View Post
TY. I was actually on Speed Dawgs site today wondering if same issues would arrive.

I didn't get any response from where I ordered mine. Maybe I'll just contact EPCO.
Yeah, that was the great thing about Speed Dawg - it was about 8:30 at night when I first tried to install mine. I sent a message to their email about the problem and received a phone call from them in about 15 minutes letting me know how they were going to handle it. I definitely recommend Speed Dawg from a customer service perspective.

Contacting Epco directly may work - best of luck to you!
ToadMcFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:41 PM   #5
Robfer316

Drives: 6th gen
I was wondering if anyone has/had any weighted shift knobs for better shifting
Robfer316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:36 PM   #6
SkipNWis

Drives: 2016/SS Has had 4 Gen 5's
I want the Hurst " T " shifter always liked the feel of that shifter.....

SnoWhite
SkipNWis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:20 PM   #7
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
any resolve on this?

I have the same exact ball and adapter. Speeddawg forward me to epco as well. They have been excellent as far as service goes and he gave me some solutions to try when i get off work. My only concern is how the boot is going to work out.
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote