Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-15-2017, 10:10 PM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
radio plays wav lossless files

cool so dont have to listen to crappy mp3s
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:41 AM   #2
nearwater

Drives: '17 2SS 50th
I didn't know this. Did you just dump the flac files into a thumb drive and plug it in?
Old 04-19-2017, 10:00 AM   #3
JCunningham

all my music is in WAV lossless. i just put them on a thumb drive and they played.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 04-21-2017, 12:23 PM   #4
Fergy

Drives: 17 Camaro SS2, 93 C1500 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater View Post
I didn't know this. Did you just dump the flac files into a thumb drive and plug it in?
Would be sweet if we could upload the codec for flac or get a software update from gm. in the mean time you can play flac from your android phone via bluetooth
Old 06-17-2017, 02:33 PM   #5
Tridon

Drives: 2017 2LT RS Hyper Blue Metallic V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergy View Post
Would be sweet if we could upload the codec for flac or get a software update from gm. in the mean time you can play flac from your android phone via bluetooth
I'm hoping this comes about as well. WMA lossless will play from a USB drive in our Gen 6 and rips files to about the same size as FLAC, which is almost half the size of WAV files. I know DRM was an issue before, but not sure if that could affect WMA lossless in the future. I guess that's up to Microsoft and if that's even something to be concerned about these days.
Tridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:36 AM   #6
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
I mean I get it... lossless is cool... but you're listening to it in possibly the worst music listening environment regarding ambient noise. So I always get a laugh when "audiophiles" talk about "crappy MP3's" in a car.

Now if you had a Bentley with a Naim system, you might have an argument, but c'mon man.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:55 PM   #7
JCunningham

you ever sit in your car and listen to music

THIS WAS MY 5000 POST
Old 06-20-2017, 01:18 PM   #8
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
I would rather listen to the exhaust
Old 06-20-2017, 01:19 PM   #9
Tridon

Drives: 2017 2LT RS Hyper Blue Metallic V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
I mean I get it... lossless is cool... but you're listening to it in possibly the worst music listening environment regarding ambient noise. So I always get a laugh when "audiophiles" talk about "crappy MP3's" in a car.

Now if you had a Bentley with a Naim system, you might have an argument, but c'mon man.
I guess it's easy to assume I would only use the USB drive in the car, since I never said otherwise. I will be using it on my home system as well, so a lossless format is preferred for me. Like a previous reply states, sometimes you just want to chill in your car with the tunes cranked.
Tridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:37 AM   #10
Paro

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS A8
1TB portable hard drive formatted NTFS will fit 2000 CD's using uncompressed Wave files, and cost only $50. The sound is easily audibly better at moderate volumes, and the hard drive fits nicely on the charging pad. Only downside is the lack of MP3 type sorting and no cover art.

I'm in the process of converting my entire collection for use on my home cloud server DLNA Dennon receivers and Camaro Seagate portable hard disk.

Awesome.
Paro is offline   Reply With Quote