Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-09-2016, 06:41 PM   #1
Capisce

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Jack Stand Rating

This may be a really dumb question but a 2 Ton jack stand is PER jack stand right? So if a camaro weights, rounding up, 2 tons, then 2 ton jack stands are more than enough support right? Theoretically if you had 4 stands you could be holding 8 Tons. The most on one stand ever would really be maybe 1500-1700lbs if you had one jack under the front tire and nothing under the rear yet
Old 11-09-2016, 08:01 PM   #2
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Correct.

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:23 PM   #3
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
Actually a good question, Walmart has these small 2 ton jack stands for only $8/apiece, but wouldn't want the car dropped on me. The benefit I see in them is the contact point is smaller, so it looks like it would fit the pinchweld better, and not risk the lip of the stand crushing the painted rockerpanels.

Has anyone used these?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Torin-Big...-Tons/48580163
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:40 AM   #4
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
Just to confirm, I bought and used the 2 Ton jackstands from Wallymart yesterday, and they worked fine on my vert. The smaller contact surface was actually easier to position than that of the heavier-rated stands. . . .
Attached Images

JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 07:27 PM   #5
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
I originally purchased the 2 Ton jack stands, but I had "second thoughts" about them holding up my HUGE investment.........I returned them and purchased 3 ton ones. I am happy with them. I've also noticed some of the Members have used 4-ton jack stands......

*Sorry the pic is so large.....
Attached Images

Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote