Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 06-01-2016, 03:25 PM   #1
CamaroBruno

Drives: 16 Mosaic Black: 1LT; RS; NPP; Bose
No Garage - Pollen EVERYWHERE

The New England pollen is turning my sexy Mosaic Black '16 into a Bumblebee clone. Makes me wish I'd have just bought a yellow one in the first place!

I live and work at a boarding school in CT and unfortunately I do not have access to a garage for my new '16. It's a lease so I'm not completely freaking out about keeping it in perfect shape but I'd still like to at least keep it clean. When I wash it, I basically get 18 hours of it looking "clean".

What's the quickest/best way to keep this sucker clean?

Is it safe to use a waterless product with the pollen?

Thanks in advance!
CamaroBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:27 PM   #2
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Bro, your car is black.. nothing you can do :(

My last 3 cars were black and I made a promise to myself I would NEVER own a black car again.. unless they give me 4k discount lol

You can try Ceramic coating but it's expensive and if you're not going to keep your car after the lease, why bother.

Sucks man, I feel your pain!
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:38 PM   #3
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Use a cover.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:43 PM   #4
K1SS MY SS
K1SS MY SS

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 1SS
A cover probably wouldn't be the best option, because the car will be dirty after it's been driven. If he puts it on it'll cause swirls in the paint. Very noticeable on a black car. Nothing you can do but wash it multiple times a week as I do
Old 06-01-2016, 03:48 PM   #5
CamaroBruno

I like the idea of using Blackseal's Waterless Wash but am fearful that the pollen particles will basically act as sandpaper when I wipe with the microfiber. Also, won't it take like 50 microfiber towels to clean an entire car, assuming you're basically filling the towel up with pollen on every swipe?

BTW, originally I was going to get Nightfall Grey but couldn't locate one with the upgrades I wanted and didn't want to wait for GM to build one from scratch. I settled for MB which does look so badass when clean...
Old 06-01-2016, 03:54 PM   #6
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
A waterless or rinseless is just gonna make a mess. I've tried both ways. The clear answer is just a hose or spray wand wash at one of the quarter places to get the major stuff off and then a standard car wash by hand or a touchless place. You can protect the car once you get it clean with standard polish and sealant. But nothing stops the pollen from landing on the surface. If it's very very thin Pollen, you can use the California duster but it overwhelms them pretty quickly
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #7
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Yeah you got to be careful with pollen. It can be pretty abrasive stuff. We had a single day where pollen really flared up, what worked surprisingly well was using air blower I use to blow out the crevices on my car. It's a bit small for my whole car, but it actually did a good job of getting the bulk of the pollen off. If you used a leaf blower I'm sure that would work even better.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:43 PM   #8
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Waterless Wash is your best friend to remove your pollen.
My 05 GTO is black and I wipe it down after every drive and my paint is better than when new. Just make sure you use the WW MF towels.
Here are some details on our WW.

Advanced emulsifiers and special lubricants make our Adam's Waterless Car Wash a safe and effective way to remove light surface dust and dirt without harming your clear coat. It's the perfect choice when your access to water is limited or you just want to conserve H20.

Why Go Waterless?

Your car doesn’t always need a full bath with soap and water. Light surface dust, finger prints, or other minor surface contamination can be easily and safely removed using Adam's Waterless Car Wash. It saves water and it's quicker than a traditional wash as well! It also prolongs your wax or sealant life by using a less invasive method to clean, it can also be used in direct sunlight.

How Does it Work?

Spray Adam's Waterless Car Wash on moderately dirty finish, wipe clean with Adam's Waterless Wash Waffle Towels. Special lubricants and wetting agents encapsulate dirt, making it easy to clean the paint without damage and without water.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...wel-combo.html
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:06 AM   #9
CamaroBruno

Quote:
Advanced emulsifiers and special lubricants make our Adam's Waterless Car Wash a safe and effective way to remove light surface dust and dirt without harming your clear coat. It's the perfect choice when your access to water is limited or you just want to conserve H20.
Thanks for the product rec. just concerned about the amount of pollen. It definitely wouldn't qualify as, "light surface dust and dirt".
Old 06-03-2016, 11:10 AM   #10
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Need a coating that can be conductive so we can ride around and negate the electrical charge a clean surface picks up from the wind... Attracting pollen in the first place.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:03 PM   #11
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBruno View Post
Thanks for the product rec. just concerned about the amount of pollen. It definitely wouldn't qualify as, "light surface dust and dirt".
The dustier or in this case the more pollen you have the more product and more Waterless Wash MF towels you would use.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote