#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > New Member Introductions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
Misfit
Jumpmaster

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS LS3
Greetings and Salutations

First of all, my name is Danny and this is how it all started. I was just a young impressionable 17 year old kid the first time I saw the 5th gen Camaro concept in that one movie just like everyone else. Thought it was a badass car and all, cool. I joined the Army straight out of high school, spent my younger years blowing my money and getting myself into trouble like every other private in the Army. I will also add in here that I am an avid offroading enthusiast and have never owned a fast car in my life. During these couple years I dumped all of my money into my offroading truck which I spent the majority of my down time either fixing or breaking. So then I get deployed, came home, and got married. It didn't take long to figure out that living 30 minutes away from post with only one car between my wife and I just doesn't work. By now I had fallen in love with the Camaros and wanted one pretty bad. Because now I'm settled down I just need to get myself a daily driver right? So at this point I'm still pretty much a retard when it comes to money and financial responsibility and it turns out I didn't save any money at all and now I don't have anything more than $500 for a down payment on a vehicle. Then next thing I know I start thinking about instead of what do I want, what's best for my family. I end up passing on buying a Camaro and buy a good SUV (family car). Heartbreaking.

Okay so fast forward a couple more years, second deployment is almost over, I sold one car right before and paid off the other one, so I gave the wife my SUV and now I'm trying to figure out what new car do I wanna get myself. Turns out it was a no-brainer cause I ordered a Black 2014 1SS LS3 that should be sitting there waiting at the dealership when I get back stateside.

I have a lot of plans to mod the hell out of it. I'm on a budget so it won't happen all at once. Stay tuned for my build thread that should be up in about 2 weeks or so. Additionally I'll be doing all the work myself.

Background experience: my Dad was a mechanical engineer and pretty much taught me everything I know about automotive mechanics and how to turn a wrench. I also taught myself quite a bit by having to fix almost every known problem on my offroading truck. I also consider myself an outstanding driver both on and off road. I learned how to drive originally on a 1984 Toyota Landcruiser which was a manual 4-speed. This will be my first manual in about 6 years though so I'm not gonna lie it's gonna take some getting used to.

A little bit more about me though. I'm a 12B in the US Army, been in for six years, 2 deployments under my belt, and of course I'm a paratrooper which makes me better than you and I know it (just kidding, or maybe I'm not). I'm a stone-cold patriot and I live day to day for that next big adrenaline rush. I'm married, no kids yet and I'm loving life. I can be an asshole, but I'm usually a pretty easy person to talk to. If you read this whole thing I thank you and I'm looking forward to sharing all of my Camaro-related experiences with all of you!

Sappers Lead The Way!
CAI Intake, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, Apex Motorsports Catch Can, Apex Intake Scoop/Washer Bottle Relocate, Skip Shift Eliminator, Stainless Works 2" Headers, High Flow Cats, Retro Catback Exhaust, JRE Tune...more to follow

12.6087 1/4 ET @ 113.98MPH on stock tires.
Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Welcome to Camaro5 Danny!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Danny, CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I read the whole post, Congrats and Welcome to Camaro5
Old 10-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
welcome!
Old 10-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
congrats welcome and keep your head down..thanks for serving
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
First of all, my name is Danny and this is how it all started. I was just a young impressionable 17 year old kid the first time I saw the 5th gen Camaro concept in that one movie just like everyone else. Thought it was a badass car and all, cool. I joined the Army straight out of high school, spent my younger years blowing my money and getting myself into trouble like every other private in the Army. I will also add in here that I am an avid offroading enthusiast and have never owned a fast car in my life. During these couple years I dumped all of my money into my offroading truck which I spent the majority of my down time either fixing or breaking. So then I get deployed, came home, and got married. It didn't take long to figure out that living 30 minutes away from post with only one car between my wife and I just doesn't work. By now I had fallen in love with the Camaros and wanted one pretty bad. Because now I'm settled down I just need to get myself a daily driver right? So at this point I'm still pretty much a retard when it comes to money and financial responsibility and it turns out I didn't save any money at all and now I don't have anything more than $500 for a down payment on a vehicle. Then next thing I know I start thinking about instead of what do I want, what's best for my family. I end up passing on buying a Camaro and buy a good SUV (family car). Heartbreaking.

Okay so fast forward a couple more years, second deployment is almost over, I sold one car right before and paid off the other one, so I gave the wife my SUV and now I'm trying to figure out what new car do I wanna get myself. Turns out it was a no-brainer cause I ordered a Black 2014 1SS LS3 that should be sitting there waiting at the dealership when I get back stateside.

I have a lot of plans to mod the hell out of it. I'm on a budget so it won't happen all at once. Stay tuned for my build thread that should be up in about 2 weeks or so. Additionally I'll be doing all the work myself.

Sappers Lead The Way!
Hello Danny,

Welcome aboard! Thanks for your service and I hope you enjoy the Camaro when you return. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us privately.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #8
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
Welcome, Thank You and enjoy your ride !
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #9
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Been great working with you lately. Thanks for your service and...

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote