Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-26-2017, 03:12 PM   #1
usdsk

Drives: 2016 2SS
Is my 2016 2SS unique?

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster.

I want to start by saying I really enjoy my 2016 2SS, it’s an absolute blast. For all the enjoyment it comes at a price, I’m begrudgingly writing this post and wanted to get your opinion. I’ve had several of the major issues reported on this forum and wanted to know what my options are.

After one year of ownership here’s my 2SS history so far..

Issue 1 - NPP Rattle – Dealer replaced exhaust and muffler

Issue 2 - Dead Battery after not driving the car for four days – Dealer replaced battery.

Issue 3 – Center console stopped working – Dealership reloaded software which didn’t resolve the issue.

Issue 4 – HVAC wouldn’t turn off. Spectrum lighting options disappeared. – Dealership replaced the HMI module. It’s only been a few days, so far the center console hasn’t failed and the lighting and HVAC seems to be working ok. Issue 3 & 4 are related so I’ve been told.

Issue 5 – Transmission Oil Cooler Line Recall– Line was compromised and dealer replaced part and removed bolt.

Issue 6 – Rear Diff Groan – Started complaining to the dealership back in October. They refused to do the flush. Finally got the flush last week after complaining to GM. Still got the groan and it’s probably louder now than it was before. I’ve complained about the groan every time I go to the dealership so it’s on their records multiple times. I don’t know if each instance of me reporting it counts as one of the four attempts to fix it under the lemon law?

At least 8 trips to the dealership and I’m at 25 days with the car out of action. Overall the dealership has been good.

I guess I wanted to hear if you guys have had as many issues with your 2SS, whether my 2SS is unique or whether my expectations need to be recalibrated?

Do I have any grounds to pursue a buy back?

Thanks in advance for your help.
usdsk is offline   Reply With Quote