#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-19-2023, 11:45 PM   #1
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Is This Normal?

Hi All, I know, I've been a stranger. I've been gone to India for some time and my car has been sitting in my car port forever with me coming back every so often just to start her and move her from time to time. Which leads to my question. When I let it idle, the driver's side A/C turns warm after about 10 minutes. It didn't do this before that I can remember. There is one other thing. About a year ago when I was able to drive her about 20 miles ONCE, a piece of plywood flew off a truck and landed just in front of my car. It hit the front lower grill and broke it. But didn't go through it (unbelievably). There was lots of plywood "splinters" pulled from the front area. But it didn't seem to damage the AC condenser. On the other hand, it blows cold for a while during idling. Then it just seems to warm up, like the A/C compressor is off. However, the passenger side is ice cold. Anybody have this issue or know what's up?
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 07:57 PM   #2
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Driver side warm and pass side cold is either low refrigerant, or a bad blend door actuator. Also make sure the fans are working.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 08:41 PM   #3
ZLRob

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Driver side warm and pass side cold is either low refrigerant, or a bad blend door actuator. Also make sure the fans are working.
This right here.
2017 Red Hot ZL1 A10 - Apex ARC-8's, 305/ 325 PS4's, DSX 9.06 12% Pulley, NGK HR7 Ruthenium spark plugs, Katech Oil Pump, LME tensioner, DOD delete, Cam, MPI lid, Soler ported 87mm (91mm effective) TB, Granatelli SS plug wires, Cordes LTR reservoir, DMS T-stat housing, Borla X pipe, AFe NPP exhaust, Black Widow Angry Housewife/ Venom 250 mufflers, BMR engine mounts, Banks iDash, Lithium Battery, Course Motorsports phone mount, AEM X- Series, HP Tuners, JMS, E85, 13.6 psi
737 HP/ 779 TQ

ZLRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 08:41 PM   #4
Fstlane

Drives: 2019 Summit White ZL1
If you turn the car off and back on does the air blow cold again?
If so I would say the blend actuator is bad....my chevy truck will do this.....actuators are 60 bucks
Fstlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 07:00 PM   #5
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlane View Post
If you turn the car off and back on does the air blow cold again?
If so I would say the blend actuator is bad....my chevy truck will do this.....actuators are 60 bucks
Yes, In fact I got to drive her for about 20 miles yesterday. Driving and idling. No problems. It seems it happens only when it sits and idles for some time, like 10 minutes.
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 09:52 PM   #6
passwords

Drives: 2019 ZLE, 2019 GT350R
Blend door issue for sure. Back in the day they used to be vacuum actuated. I assume they are electronic now? So is the blend door actuator vacuum based or electric motor?
passwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 10:50 PM   #7
ZLRob

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by passwords View Post
Blend door issue for sure. Back in the day they used to be vacuum actuated. I assume they are electronic now? So is the blend door actuator vacuum based or electric motor?
Sit is electric yes, issue is, I believe the main blend door requires removal of the front windshield to gain access to, and ultimately replacement of. I know that was the case of the 5th gens. I don't know about these 6th gens.
2017 Red Hot ZL1 A10 - Apex ARC-8's, 305/ 325 PS4's, DSX 9.06 12% Pulley, NGK HR7 Ruthenium spark plugs, Katech Oil Pump, LME tensioner, DOD delete, Cam, MPI lid, Soler ported 87mm (91mm effective) TB, Granatelli SS plug wires, Cordes LTR reservoir, DMS T-stat housing, Borla X pipe, AFe NPP exhaust, Black Widow Angry Housewife/ Venom 250 mufflers, BMR engine mounts, Banks iDash, Lithium Battery, Course Motorsports phone mount, AEM X- Series, HP Tuners, JMS, E85, 13.6 psi
737 HP/ 779 TQ

ZLRob is offline   Reply With Quote