Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-09-2015, 07:39 AM   #1
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Where are they?

I feel like we have been missing dozens of cars driving around the US. We need Camaro 6 members on every corner.

GM needs to keep the hype train going...
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:00 AM   #2
cwl011

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Agreed, we all want a test ride review of the SS.
cwl011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:54 AM   #3
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Yes I am ready to see some more on the street and really want to hear a cold start up of the SS!

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:57 AM   #4
WDE

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (tuned L99)
Hello GM? Its almost the middle of June! Were dying out here for some info. Prices, packages, review drive of the SS or anything longer than 2 laps of "follow the leader".
Name:  bone.png
Views: 2891
Size:  117.6 KB

2010 2SS IOM Tuned L99 since 08/2009
WDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:15 AM   #5
citizennick

Drives: 2016 2SS
You would think it's around the corner. I've been following the Focus RS (I drive an ST at the moment) and while they unveiled it much earlier than the Camaro, they still haven't released info such as packages/pricing.
citizennick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:28 AM   #6
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
IT'S TIME FOR A '16 CAMARO SS REVIEW.We want to know how it will go VS the competition. COME ON GM MAKE US HAPPY, we are waiting.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:32 AM   #7
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
I would think very soon as well. We will start seeing more info popping up here and there

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:35 AM   #8
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
I don not think GM will let the Mag's review the new car till it hits the showroom. If one of the big mag's say something bad it will hurt sales.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:42 AM   #9
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
we all may feel this way, but the car's not going to be released for review's until it's totally done, and we've already seen it in more than half the colors, which is more than we had seen the 5thgen at this point, six months prior to it being out.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:44 AM   #10
cwl011

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
The only way they are going to lose a sale from me at this point is if the car falls apart or blows up on the test ride review or the base ss starting price is above 40k
cwl011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:47 AM   #11

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3

or this from Edmunds...

DETROIT— Camaro enthusiasts who get shut out of the May 16 public unveiling of the all-new 2016 Chevrolet Camaro coupe in Detroit will get plenty of chances to get close to the muscle car this summer.
A major road trip for the 2016 Camaro is planned after its debut on Detroit's Belle Isle.
The 2016 Camaro arrives at Chevrolet dealerships in late fall. Its first traditional auto show appearance will be in November at the 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show.
Before that, the Camaro will make appearances at the Indianapolis 500 May 24-25, Major League Baseball's All-Star Game at Cincinnati's Great American Ball Park on July 14, Michigan's Woodward Dream Cruise on August 15 and Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion in California August 13-16.
"We're building a schedule right now," said Todd Christensen, Camaro marketing manager, in a phone conversation with Edmunds. "We're fighting over who gets to use them. You'll see a combination of some enthusiast events and some bigger events following the car's reveal."
The Camaro that will take center stage at those initial events is a red 2016 Camaro SS coupe, Christensen said.
The car returns to Belle Isle May 29-31 for the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix.
A large Chevrolet dealer event is planned in June.
"It will be the first time some of the dealers will see the Camaro," Christensen said.
Chevrolet will deploy a fleet of Camaros during the August 7-9 Camaro Fest, an enthusiast event at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
"We aim to bring a range of powertrains and trim levels so people can see the diversity," Christensen said.
A Camaro Reno, Nevada event is slated for August 6-8 during the Barrett-Jackson auction.
Also under consideration is auctioning off 2016 Camaro VIN No. 1, Christensen added.
There will also be a "pretty good presence at SEMA," he said, referring to the aftermarket equipment trade show that is not open to the public.
Car shoppers who have the 2016 Camaro on their lists will not be able to purchase the car during any of these events.
"No, we can't take orders," Christensen said. "It has to be done through the dealers."
It's clear that Christensen and the Camaro team can hardly wait to parade the 2016 Camaro before excited fans.
"As a car guy, it's a monumental moment," he said.
Key Camaro rivals include the Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang and Nissan 370Z.
Edmunds says: It's time to mark your calendar to get up-close-and-personal with the 2016 Camaro.
View more Consumer Car News articles

Last edited by 90503; 06-09-2015 at 09:57 AM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:11 AM   #12
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
This is why I disagree with the long, drawn out intro of vehicles. Anything more than a couple months means that there isn't enough 'teaser' info to keep people continuously interested. So the info comes out in dribs & drabs. People will talk about what was released for a few days, maybe a week then get bored and ignore it. Then of course there are the diehards who end up getting restless and demanding more & more info, and inevitably start complaining about why can't they order the car yet. To me, its needlessly annoying & frustrating. Don't show the car until its almost ready to go on sale. If I had it my way, ordering would begin the day after the unveil but thats probably a bit too extreme. A couple months is plenty of time, IMO. For the 6th gen, that would be a late summer unveil, rather than late spring. But for one reason or another, they have decided to let people wait roughly half a year (which I admit is better than what they were doing not that long ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE View Post
Hello GM? Its almost the middle of June! Were dying out here for some info. Prices, packages, review drive of the SS or anything longer than 2 laps of "follow the leader".
Attachment 722898
Magazine reviews tend to not be released until production starts, often the same week if not the same day. That is usually when all the detailed specs are given, but not always.

Pricing is one of the last things to be decided on a car, so its not happening for a while either.

I would expect GM to trickle out more detailed information regarding trims & options over the next few months.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #13
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
SOP is months away. November?

Pilots first then CTFs my guess is August for Captured Test Fleet.

But embargo date for magazines likely not until Octoberish. And those won't include head to head. Typically those are controlled drive events for all media to prep for the embargo date.

A long way from getting what you all want.

Last edited by Number 3; 06-09-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:29 AM   #14

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
This is why I disagree with the long, drawn out intro of vehicles. Anything more than a couple months means that there isn't enough 'teaser' info to keep people continuously interested. So the info comes out in dribs & drabs. People will talk about what was released for a few days, maybe a week then get bored and ignore it. Then of course there are the diehards who end up getting restless and demanding more & more info, and inevitably start complaining about why can't they order the car yet. To me, its needlessly annoying & frustrating. Don't show the car until its almost ready to go on sale. If I had it my way, ordering would begin the day after the unveil but thats probably a bit too extreme. A couple months is plenty of time, IMO. For the 6th gen, that would be a late summer unveil, rather than late spring. But for one reason or another, they have decided to let people wait roughly half a year (which I admit is better than what they were doing not that long ago)

Magazine reviews tend to not be released until production starts, often the same week if not the same day. That is usually when all the detailed specs are given, but not always.

Pricing is one of the last things to be decided on a car, so its not happening for a while either.

I would expect GM to trickle out more detailed information regarding trims & options over the next few months.
An early reveal is probably the lesser of two evils....Look at all the spy-shots and bs that happened prior to the reveal...Reveal it as a surprise before all the cats are out of the bag and there's not much left to reveal...Probably a smarter way to control rumors and "demand" for info in the meantime prior to production and sales....

Just sayin' if they could keep things under wraps longer (practically impossible these days) I think your idea of waiting longer would be best...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote