#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

AWE Tuning

Old 10-10-2017, 08:23 PM   #1
vbondjr1

Drives: none
Thoughts and questions

Hello
I have been a huge muscle car/pony car enthusiast ever since i knew what a car was. I love the Camaro, especially the sixth generation Camaro it looks beautiful. What I am writing most about is just my thoughts and what i would love to see in an upcoming camaro.
1.) Styling: The Camaro right now, as it is, is awesome. the only gripe is the trunk. If GM could make the trunk at least equal to the Mustang, all would be right with the world. The windows could be a little bit bigger as well but that would change up the whole appearance of the car. There's got to be some way to get the Camaro to not be as tank-like.
2.) Models:
A.) Z/28: As a huge fan of the Z/28 Camaro from '67-'69 the DZ302 5.0L V8 will always be one of my most beloved engines that ever came out of the GM factory. Granted I'm not so sure how a OHV variation of the 302 chevy small block would fare in today's world I would actually love to see a DOHC GM 5-liter V8 put under the hood of the 6th gen Camaro in Z/28 guise. Now the Original Z/28 wasn't a spartan full out race car and i don't think the new Z/28 needs to be either. I would say more along the lines of what the 1LE package offers today but with a higher revving DOHC 302ci V8 with the Tri-Y header manifold design and a free flowing active valve exhaust system. Of course along with that the car should have magnetic ride, a tuned adjustable suspension that can be stiffened for the track or softened for the street enough to where it has a livable but firm smooth ride. Wide tires, cool lightweight wheels, huge brembo brakes, a high flow grille, a taller duckbill spoiler, Z/28 fender, grille & deck-lid emblems, a lip spoiler, side splitters and rear diffuser should be available on the car but nothing to extreme. The inside should be a full interior but available with Recaro seats with hounds-tooth stitching, an alcantara steering wheel, a full stereo system option and maybe some modern-retro cues in the instrument cluster. Lastly the car should be optioned with a 10-speed auto and a 6-speed manual.
B.) Camaro SS. What would be cool here would be a bump in displacement to 396ci or 6.4L to get the people's blood racing. Bumping the Push rod engine up 0.2L is not hard, neither would adding dual injection and the 10-speed automatic behind it (as well as the 6-speed manual). With direct injection and active fuel management cylinder deactivation matched to a 10-speed auto, the car should receive very good fuel economy even with the added displacement and should out perform the current 6.2L LT1 in every way.
C.) ZL1 = LEAVE IT ALONE!!!! THE CAR IS PERFECT
D.) Lesser engine Camaros
Here we have a place for the more pedestrian Camaro models to shine
D1.) RS package: the 3.6L V6 Camaro should get all of the 1LE upgrades standard minus the blacked out hood. Add stripes, wider 20" wheels and tires and an SS spoiler. As the only V6 model, the RS Camaro should receive a bump in horsepower to 350hp and a bump in torque to 340, giving it a better advantage against the ecoboost mustang.
D2.) Berlinetta: As before, this should be the luxury Camaro. with the 2.0L Turbo I4, a 10-speed auto only, plush seating, Bose stereo, quiet laminate glass, etc, this should be the Buick of the Camaro lineup. no spoilers, 18x8" polished wheels, touring tires, drive modes, tan or grey interior color schemes, mild exterior colors, polished grille and upgrades as such would be ideal on this modern version of the Berlinetta luxury sport coupe.
Thank you for your time
vbondjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote