Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 06-05-2024, 09:44 PM   #15
eimarshall

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Hyperblue
I had a chance to throw my car on the scales before the last event. With a full tank and a 200lb driver, I was at 3843lbs. Thats about 3540lbs dry.

I have everything behind the front seats out (seats, trim, speakers), carbon fenders(although the stockers really aren’t that heavy), and race buckets. I also removed the DRLs which were surprisingly heavy. I did add back a CMS roll bar(51lbs listed), and the splitter and wing are probably 30-35lbs combined.

I’m planning on ditching the large washer fluid reservoir in the passenger fender, and the head liner soon. Plus a lightweight battery. I dont know why I haven’t done that yet…
eimarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 10:32 AM   #16
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
A few thoughts to add to the conversation...

1. I did not weight the stock vs BMR motor mounts, but agree, that is a good savings, along with the general feeling benefits.

2. I Don't think the headliner removal and added heat transfer would be worth the very light weight that it is.... that's just my opinion.

3. I also don't think removing the AUX coolers would benefit road racing, especially for ZL1's. Perhaps adding an AUX oil cooler, would allow you to remove the AUX rad cooler... I think that would be a net wash for weight savings but the car would run cooler both oil and coolant temps.

4. I would scale down to 18" wheels.

5. Agree Anti-gravity Battery is a no-brainer.

6. GMS High Flow Crash Bar is a net weight savings but combined with a larger HX would really help IAT's

7. Headers with off road pipes would save a TON of weight. Consider getting some good UHO cats with V bands, so you call pull them off on race days to save more weight. Our, drop the cat back system and dump the exhaust right after the X pipe to save another 60+ lbs on race day.

8. I agree on ditching the washer fluid res, and wiper blades for a race focused car.

9. I know 2 piece rotors save a ton of weight, but heard they have issues with cracking.
ALL the BMR Read End Goodies + BMR Motor Mounts + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Big Gulp + GMS High Flow Crash Bar
DMS Front HX + Fender Tank + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + TOYO 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 815rwtq @E55 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 09:46 AM   #17
bptuner

Drives: 2018 zl1
Glass is terribly heavy, look into the new lexan windshields, side and rear glass.
bptuner is offline   Reply With Quote