Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-05-2024, 01:28 PM   #99
Standard

Drives: 2023 Sharkskin ZL1 M6
A note here, just to get a data point on the thread.

Got IGLA installed. M6/stick shift car.

On maiden voyage, I pulled into a parking lot and tested M6 stall-and-restart - which worked fine, as another user told me and the installer confirmed from the factory.

Then I did a turn-off. Got a text from a friend from a bit out of town, said large hail had arrived at his place - and that I should pull my cars into garage (It's tricky but he knows I can). I am in one of my Camaros, with the other one open in the driveway. . . .

I punch in the code, and. .. nothing. Panicked, off, code, on again, then opening door etc. and repeating.

It started again when I looked it up on my phone. But was pretty scary on the spot
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 02:03 PM   #100
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
A note here, just to get a data point on the thread.

Got IGLA installed. M6/stick shift car.

On maiden voyage, I pulled into a parking lot and tested M6 stall-and-restart - which worked fine, as another user told me and the installer confirmed from the factory.

Then I did a turn-off. Got a text from a friend from a bit out of town, said large hail had arrived at his place - and that I should pull my cars into garage (It's tricky but he knows I can). I am in one of my Camaros, with the other one open in the driveway. . . .

I punch in the code, and. .. nothing. Panicked, off, code, on again, then opening door etc. and repeating.

It started again when I looked it up on my phone. But was pretty scary on the spot
Shit like that makes me worried about being stuck somewhere with it malfunctioning. Also, the fact that since it does tap into the electrical systems, if there are any issues then GM would be quick to void/deny warranty work, then what?
Old 08-05-2024, 03:08 PM   #101
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
If it's installed correctly, it shouldn't have issues. I haven't had any problems at all with my Ampire-branded SEO immobilizer, which is basically an IGLA as I understand it.

Enter the code, it starts. Don't enter the code or enter it incorrectly, it doesn't start. You can start it/kill it as many times as needed as long as you don't turn it off AND open the door (which re-arms it and requires you to enter the code again).

I don't see how it would be a warranty issue, but if they will kill a warranty for a catch can, who knows?!

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 03:26 PM   #102
Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by havelegs View Post
Shit like that makes me worried about being stuck somewhere with it malfunctioning. Also, the fact that since it does tap into the electrical systems, if there are any issues then GM would be quick to void/deny warranty work, then what?
I realize you probably understood but to reinforce, my system worked fine. I'll get the code as 'muscle memory' soon, I'm close even a day later.

I'm happy too that I have not found any pathologies like on the TRX forum, where if you don't wait out a startup ritual just right it sets a temp code and such. Fingers crossed, the interference with Camaros seems pretty 'clean' (though with a 100% theft rate, I'd still take it on a TRX too I expect).
Old 08-05-2024, 03:28 PM   #103
Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
I don't see how it would be a warranty issue, but if they will kill a warranty for a catch can, who knows?!
My installer warned me to put it into 'service mode' before going to the dealer, which allegedly removes it outright until more than 15 minutes over 15mph happens. That their deep connection will cause them to find it and tear it out to work, and that the installer will have to charge high $ to put it back.

I need to test if it disables the OBD port, or just theoretically disables some advanced functionality.
Old 08-06-2024, 08:02 PM   #104
roostere4

Drives: 1987 IROC, 2020 ZL1
I wouldn't put it into Service Mode at all, When I went into the dealer or my PPF installer for service I just set a simple temp code. 4 of the same button press. That way easy enough to get the techs at the shop to use it. But Vehicle is still protected, and if it is stolen then that shop is going to have big problems. Service mode until it reengages will leave the vehicle unprotected. Or if the dealer isn't expecting after a test drive to really start tearing the car apart.
roostere4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2024, 08:15 AM   #105
Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostere4 View Post
I wouldn't put it into Service Mode at all, When I went into the dealer or my PPF installer for service I just set a simple temp code. 4 of the same button press. That way easy enough to get the techs at the shop to use it. But Vehicle is still protected, and if it is stolen then that shop is going to have big problems. Service mode until it reengages will leave the vehicle unprotected. Or if the dealer isn't expecting after a test drive to really start tearing the car apart.
Is 'temp code' a system function, or do you mean you fully changed your pin over to the code you call temp, then changed it back?
Old 08-07-2024, 05:13 PM   #106
spdkilz911

Drives: 23 ZL1 24 Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
Is 'temp code' a system function, or do you mean you fully changed your pin over to the code you call temp, then changed it back?
You just change the PIN and change it back after you have it back. Few steps to go through but easy to do.
Old 08-09-2024, 12:34 AM   #107
roostere4

Drives: 1987 IROC, 2020 ZL1
Yeah, just reset the pin code to a new code before dropping the vehicle off to a shop. Then reset it again after you pick it up.
roostere4 is offline   Reply With Quote