Old 06-04-2024, 01:34 PM   #57
Cotton31

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I pull the starter relay out all the time
Cotton31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 03:09 PM   #58
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - Modified All Bolt On's
Reading all of this is enough to have me add some extra protection against my ZL1 being stolen from my garage. Thus, I am installing two of the below parking bollards in my garage. I'm installing one at the driver’s door and one in the middle rear bumper. (I park my car against the right-side garage wall so close you can’t really open the door and get in the car from that side)

Also, since getting my ZL1 a year and a half ago. I've installed two Z-Wave devices in my garage. One is an outlet and the other is a light switch. This helps against easily opening my garage door to back the car out. The outlet is where my garage door opener is plugged into. The outlet only has power (can't be opened or closed) when I use my Samsung SmartThings app to open/close the garage door. I also don't have a wall mounted manual push button opener. The light switch is for a large electric magnetic door lock. This is hooked to a light switch for on/off to activate or de-activate the electric magnetic lock. It can be done either manually or via the Samsung SmartThings app. When the lock is activated, it's impossible to even budge the door up, let a-lone actually open the door. All this uses scripts in the Samsung SmartThings apps. So really, it's as simple as pushing the app icon to open or close the garage door and all other things process in the script accordingly.

I've always had a full AT&T security system for my detached garage that links to the house security system since getting my car. Adding to that, I have a Ring camera in my garage with motion detection. I'm purposely leaving out a lot of other details since this is on a public forum! But enough I feel is in the way of a thief not know all this to be able to get my car out of my garage before my local police have time to show up. My city is only 2 square miles in size, but we have a full police department and they are literally two blocks from my house. Also, I have a work truck my son uses that's always parked behind my ZL1 unless he's doing a pressure washing job.

I hope that would be enough for whom ever tried to just move on!

LOCKING TOP LOCK HIGH SECURITY SERIES [TL1004HS] $1,007/each and $154 shipping

"Top Lock Bollard – High Security version, with internal dead bolt, locked in place with padlock (US Patents # 7,472,891 & 7,722,285 Canadian Patent 2,623,426). 36" tall 4.5” OD .237 wall 36” tall. Hot dipped 12” tall “Heavy Traffic” galvanized ground sleeve with welded in place stop pins, and hot dipped galvanized ground sleeve plug. Post weight 40 lbs. Color: Safety Yellow." I bought (w) at $1,007/each and $154 shipping. I might be over kill, but my ZL1 at this point would be near impossible to replace!

https://www.trafficguard.net/securit...eries-tl1004hs
Attached Images

2023 ZL1 Auto - CSP 2" Long Tubes by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port | Griptech 2.3" Upper | ATI Super Damper w/9.45" (18%) Lower | TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Siemens 875cc Injectors | Brisk RR14S Plugs | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Katech Low Profile Billet Valve Covers | Katech Duel Fuel Pump System | MightyMouse Wild 1000HP CC | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 285/305 | Katech Tuned | Straight E85 = 784rwhp / 678rwtq @ 19psi
2023_ZL1-AUTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 08:31 PM   #59
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfxrte View Post
can't start until the code is put in. installer may have botched the install or it wasn't a manual

source: i have one
Thanks DFXRTE. I do know that his is a manual transmission. The installer tried two different IGLA units and even updated the firmware to try and get it to work. But, the Z would start like normal, but would stall out if you tried to drive away then hit the brake. They spent two full days trying to figure out how to change the programming to “not start” until the code was entered. They basically succumbed to the fact that they couldn’t do it and the decision was made to just remove it. The whole idea was to not let the engine start until the code was entered, but that didn’t work out. It’s a HUGE bummer as this system looks bulletproof, even for advanced thieves. And yes, I know anything is steal able, no sense in rehashing that again. Thanks again
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 10:12 AM   #60
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2023_ZL1-AUTO View Post
I hope that would be enough for whom ever tried to just move on!

LOCKING TOP LOCK HIGH SECURITY SERIES [TL1004HS] $1,007/each and $154 shipping

"Top Lock Bollard – High Security version, with internal dead bolt, locked in place with padlock (US Patents # 7,472,891 & 7,722,285 Canadian Patent 2,623,426). 36" tall 4.5” OD .237 wall 36” tall. Hot dipped 12” tall “Heavy Traffic” galvanized ground sleeve with welded in place stop pins, and hot dipped galvanized ground sleeve plug. Post weight 40 lbs. Color: Safety Yellow." I bought (w) at $1,007/each and $154 shipping. I might be over kill, but my ZL1 at this point would be near impossible to replace!

https://www.trafficguard.net/securit...eries-tl1004hs
Pricey to be sure, but an interesting option to add to the list! Now if they'd only let me drill a hole for that in front of my favorite parking spot at the office...
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 12:31 PM   #61
LORDOBERON

Drives: chevrolet camaro
will the IGLA work with the Compustar T13 Drone or would they conflict with each other
LORDOBERON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:42 AM   #62
roostere4

Drives: 1987 IROC, 2020 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDOBERON View Post
will the IGLA work with the Compustar T13 Drone or would they conflict with each other
You can definitely get IGLA and Compustar installed together.
Have had an IGLA installed for awhile and been debating on getting a Compustar installed too

Keep going back and forth on the Compustar install. Would love to have an alarm and notification. Especially when out and about, or on a trip, but not really so much ar home.

Not a daily driver, so between not sure if it really adds value at home, the security of IGLA, the possible battery issues for leaving the car sitting for days or even a week or two, and the duplication of factory options I'm torn on whether to pull the trigger on an install.

Do you have Compustar installed already? What's your experience like with it?
roostere4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM   #63
dfxrte

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
Thanks DFXRTE. I do know that his is a manual transmission. The installer tried two different IGLA units and even updated the firmware to try and get it to work. But, the Z would start like normal, but would stall out if you tried to drive away then hit the brake. They spent two full days trying to figure out how to change the programming to “not start” until the code was entered. They basically succumbed to the fact that they couldn’t do it and the decision was made to just remove it. The whole idea was to not let the engine start until the code was entered, but that didn’t work out. It’s a HUGE bummer as this system looks bulletproof, even for advanced thieves. And yes, I know anything is steal able, no sense in rehashing that again. Thanks again
jeez that is unfortunate cus the system is certainly great. IGLA installers are far and few, it definitely takes a lot of know how.
dfxrte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:44 AM   #64
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfxrte View Post
jeez that is unfortunate cus the system is certainly great. IGLA installers are far and few, it definitely takes a lot of know how.
Multi-layer, multi-layer, multi-layer... IGLA is not some magical answer... Most thieves are extremely lazy and dumb... Throw them just a few things they were NOT expecting (layered approach (several visible mechanical layers (steering wheel club as well as a steering wheel/brake lock)) as well as several electrical layers of immobility) and they will very likely move on down the road to the next, much easier target (which will very likely not be protected at all)...
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote