View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #19
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAOLDGUY View Post
Thanks for the response! Actually if you've never lived in the Atlanta area, it's hard to appreciate how wacky our weather can be. I just purchased the car and I only have about 270 miles on it and I want to DD drive so I'm looking at all options while considering driving conditions in this area over the past 12 months. Usually, the weather is fantastic but very infrequently we will have some ice and snow. I'm thinking about one day last winter when I drove 42 miles to the ATL airport with ice and snow.
Having lived in the mountains several times before, and now in Alaska, I'd take those odds. I also know that places like Atlanta and Dallas completely shut down when stuff like that happens, as they have no equipment to remove ice/snow from the roads. Use the forecast.

That said, it's always a good idea to get a 2nd set of tires and rims and running an AS for a few winter months isn't a bad idea, but forgoing the summer tires during the other months makes you miss out on some significant performance.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote