View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 11:38 PM   #1
mspeed1LE

Drives: ZL1 1LE SUMMIT WHITE
The Progression of the mspeed1LE *TRK RAT*

I've been tracking a built Mazda Protege5 for the past 10years or so in Autocross, Time-Attack and then more recently Hill-Climb. After reading about the ZL1 1LE in Road & Track Magazine last fall, I couldn't get it out of my head. They raved about bang for your buck performance compared to cars costing 2-3 times the price. THAT really caught my eye! I started to consider a big change. Import FWD to American Iron RWD!
Then, this past February I approached my local Chevy dealer to inquire about purchasing one. "No Problem" I was told. It would be a factory order and I would most likely not see it until June. That worked for me and after clarifying the details of options, colour etc. I gave them the 10k deposit. Everything was good in the world.
2 weeks later I got a call from the dealership. "We've got some bad news. Chevy isn't making them any more". "Well", I replied, "you better start looking for one that's already built then!"
That's when things got interesting...

Last edited by mspeed1LE; 11-02-2018 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Update of Thread Title
mspeed1LE is offline   Reply With Quote