View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 05:13 PM   #6
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzzzzaForPresident View Post
I'm sure it's possible considering as hella flush is a thing and those people stretch tires dangerously far, but from my understanding it's not optimal according to all the tire size vs wheel size charts I've seen, for example this one. The stock SS rear wheels are 9.5" width and come with 275/35ZR20 tires, which falls exactly in line with the chart. If you want to run 295 width tires on the stock wheels you'll have to go up to a sidewall ratio of 50 or 55 to avoid excessive stretching, which probably means you're going to be rubbing. The SS 1LE rear wheels are 11" with 305/30R20 tires, which also lines up with that chart.
Someone here went up 20 and says no problem. A friend of mine with an ATS coupe went up 20 all the way around on his OEM wheels (on an AWD model) with no problem. He went with Conti DWS06's and they look fine, not "squeezed" at all. I bought a set of 2019+ SS split spokes for my 2016, cuz I didn't care for the 2016 versions I had, from a member here. They came with tires and whoever installed them (they weren't OEM) mistakenly put a 275 on a front wheel and a 245 on a rear wheel. I didn't even notice until I was looking at the rear that had the 245 and it looked stretched like you see on the imports with the super-wide wheels. That looked off, but the 275 on the front 8.5 looked fine, and in fact the guy that sold them to me never noticed and had been driving around on them. That was a 30-over setup. I think +20 will be fine, and not a rubbing issue at all. That seems to occur when folks put ZL1 wheels/tires on an SS, which is 30 over and a different wheel which may have a different offset. It's easy enough to move the harness if it rubs anyway.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote