View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 08:27 PM   #12
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
Not only does he not need spacers, he has too little offset in back. That's why he got poke and rubbing. With 11.5" of wheel width, he could have used 36mm offset and had the same backspacing as a stock 1LE wheel (7-2/3"). That would have tucked his tires 6mm back inside the fender and probably eliminated all rubbing with 305/30/20 tires. He might have even been able to go 2-4mm more offset - I'm not sure where the clearance limit is on the inside of the rear. He would have been better off getting rear wheels with too much offset and then using spacers to push them back out the exact right amount. The thing about going to the ragged edge of width is that offset becomes really crucial to a proper fit. I would never have a car set up with tire rub. That not only damages the tire but also whatever part it is rubbing. It's also just plain hoopty.
Yeah I had that issue on an old 69 Firebird in high school. Everything was great until two 240lb linebackers from the football team piled in the back seat. 😜
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote