Thread: LT5 Camaro???
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 02:18 PM   #15
brap999

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig View Post
The problem with the Corvette for me and many of my contemporaries (45 year old GenXer here) is that the Corvette screams baby boomer crisis machine. THe Camaro is so much cooler and actually affordable for younger buyers. Even the ZR1 is a total beast and I could have afforded one, but I just cannot see myself in an old man's wet dream come true. I actually owned 2 Vipers before precisely because they weren't Corvettes. Don;t get me wrong, the Corvette is an insane performance machine but I get more comments and looks from the Camaro, especially from younger folks than my father ever got in his cheesy Corvettes and I ever got in my Vipers. I think the future is LT5 Camaro. I would keep my 18' ZL1 but if an LT5 Camaro comes out, instant trade! But I won't go Corvette. Chevy needs to pay attention to this buyer segment.
I’m gen x too, and this precisely sums up how I feel about the vette. It’s just got a ‘old man’ stigma to me. So I chose a viper and a zl1 instead. There’s never been a single moment in my life where I thought I wanted a vette.
1998 Dodge Viper GTS
1972 Pontiac GTO
1963 Chevy C10 short bed, T5, 350, lowered
brap999 is offline   Reply With Quote