View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 10:57 AM   #245
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
That is because Ford uses a modular engine design, so the engine had to share a bore spacing and deck height. Short story is, they couldn't go much higher in displacement, and FI was out of the questions, so revs are the only thing left.

In GM's case, they are already starting out at a larger 6.2L, and the small block can go up to at least 7.0L, so it won't need as many revs.

And, the LTx is now DI, which means you can go higher compression as well.

I was just playing devils advocate, as a lot of people in here make it sound like it would be super easy to do another 7.0 and have it make 550+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
just throwing it out there, I don't know enough CAFE and the regulations, but isn't it like a company average MPG that they have to meet?

Why is it that companies like Lamborghini make cars with only V10's and V12's that get an absolute max of about 20mpg? And were trying to figure out a V8 in a limited production car? wouldn't the mileage of both the V6 and I4 offset the impact of something large for the Z28?

I think some peopel have thrown CAFE out there, but it is more on the emissions standards IIRC
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote