View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 03:56 PM   #37
Yellow BB

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmeyer View Post
I finally got rid of the run-flats, too noisy and too hard on even moderate bumps in road. Like the above post with the pic of Viair unit and jack, etc., I now have a Viair 70p, scissors jack, telescoping lug wrench, and plug klt/tools under the black felt trunk cover. The dashboard will give me a low tire pressure warning so I can pull over to a safe area to fix the flat if necessary. If not, call a tow truck. My experience is that whenever a new tire gets a nail, the nail plugs the leak, making the leak very slow. Only tires near the end of their lifespan will go flat fast once they pick up a nail. Basically, I can't remember the last time I had to change to a spare on the road.

I replaced the run-flats with Kumho PA51 245/40R20 from Amazon for $112 each, 45k mile warranty, which are very quiet; I can now hear the radio on the highway! The savings from more expensive run-flats easily paid for the jack, Viair air compressor, etc. with money left over.
That might work for the RS model, but NOT the SS. We have larger brakes & two different tire sizes. I’m told not much will fit our rear wheel area due to the size of the brakes & wheel offset. I’m all ears if someone has an idea...
Yellow BB is offline   Reply With Quote