View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 08:11 PM   #15
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I am as well. Ya I added that last time I updated my signature with all the mods in route and sitting on my table.

Doing it with a Friend who co-owns Performance Dyno in NH using HPTuners. I just couldn't justify a canned/email tune when a dyno tune is much safer and will give better real world results. It's the same dyno I used for my stock and bolt-on pull so the gains will be 100% chartable from stage 1: stock to stage 2: bolt-ons to stage 3: tuned for my build. Not sure if i'll have Jason's charge pipe or throttle body in time at this point though which is a bummer but i'll definitely still do some testing for him without issue just would've been nice to get a before and after tune chart.
Couple issues. While I wholly agree that tuning with HPT can be significantly more beneficial than a canned/email tune, you have to have a REPUTABLE tuner at the keyboard. I'm not saying your buddy isn't reputable. I'm saying you NEED someone who is intimately familiar with tuning turbo Ecotec's. Put it to you this way... Speed Inc. is one of the most respected LSx tuners in the business. I wouldn't take my LS3 powered car anywhere else! They are less than 20 miles away from me. But I would MUCH rather drive 150 miles right past their shop to ZZP for my LTG powered cars, as they command the same level of respect in the turbo Ecotec world. Look at how much shit we give RPM... And they've actually tuned a bunch of LTG powered cars. "Joe Tunershop" is going to run into all the mistakes RPM makes on their tunes, plus the other issues RPM has already resolved!

Also, run another baseline once you get the car strapped down to the dyno. There are so many variables when it comes to dynoing. Weather difference being critical, but also how the car is strapped down can play a role in the number computed. This is only to help you realize your true gains.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote