Thread: A10 or M6
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 04:24 PM   #157
szalkerous

Drives: 99 Z28 M6 / 15 Silverado LTZ Z71 CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
I the current ZL1 it seems the manual is failing more than the auto, which is minimum for either one.
Since I admittedly counted out the entire Gen 5 family due to weight, I honestly am not familiar with this. Can you elaborate how the M6 in the current ZL1 is failing? Is it gearbox issues or clutch?

I'm not sure if the ZL1 got a TR-6060 like the SS's did, but those gearboxes are good for around 900RWTQ in "Magnum" flavors, so I'd be shocked if GM cut corners that badly on the currently offered ZL1. In fact, I know Tick Performance has a TR-6060 "Magnum" that will play well over 900RWTQ. Hell, they just built me a T-56 replacement for my 4th-gen that handles published crank numbers on the new ZL1!

(Gonna add in that I don't care what people choose for a transmission, it's a personal choice much like the color of the paint or the fuzzy dice hanging off the rear view..... Is that even still a thing? Anyways I just love the feel of a clutch and a stick shift. For me there's important satisfaction there. I've also had one-too-many auto transmissions blow up on me.)
szalkerous is offline   Reply With Quote