View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 02:03 PM   #1
MWD22

Drives: Chevy Malibu
LTG PCV - adding an oil catch can

Greetings Camaro enthusiasts! I own a new Chevy Malibu that has the LTG engine, and I would like to add a catch can into the PCV system to prevent or greatly reduce carbon buildup on the intake valves. I have come here to ask a question, as the Malibu forums don't have a user base that could likely answer the question I have.

Looking at the offerings from both ZZP and Mishimoto, I don't want to buy either of those. The ZZP offering is designed for the rear wheel drive cars, and the Mishi system seems overpriced for what you get. I just want to buy a good baffled can and install it myself.

So my question is this: from the system layout on the engine it looks like the line from the PCV valve in the top of the cam cover that attached to the turbo and vents into the turbo inlet is the "dirty" side, the side where the catch can should be installed. Is this correct? The reason for my uncertainty is that the "clean side" that is fed from the air inlet tube, has a small chamber where the air enters into the line and I have read in multiple places that the chamber is a small catch can itself, that needs to be emptied at regular intervals. I have a hard time believing this, so that is why I am here to ask.

Thank you for any feedback!
Attached Images

MWD22 is offline   Reply With Quote