View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 03:43 AM   #21
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
I have been looking at getting a new ZL1 or C8. i was in contact with Phil Smith Chevy in FL. They called me last night as they had a available C8. I inquired into the C8 mark ups. Yup, $30k over sticker he says without hesitation. I politely said to him that what is going on in the automotive industry will eventually end and consumers will remember what certain dealers did with crazy mark ups. He mumbled something and hung up on me.

I get it is a sellers market. Supply is low, demand is high (I still don't know why). Pandemic, people working from home, self isolation, where is everyone driving to?

No great rebates or discounts right now. Interest rates are decent though. But do not give these guys more than sticker. It's pure greed by the dealer, yet people are paying it! Shop around, I bought a Silverado in May and a Tahoe in July and the dealers both sold them at GMS (Employee Pricing).

Your thinking of it from the “me” prospective.

Yes as consumer we don’t want to pay more than we have too. But they have to eat too. They can’t get inventory so they can’t make incentives. Thats how new lots mainly make money, incentives from dealers. There normally isn’t much mark up if any on new cars.

Salesmen, lot techs, receptionist are all losing jobs because they don’t have cars to sell.

So when they do get cars in they try to make the most the can.... simple laws of supply and demand.

By all means don’t by the car if you don’t want to pay the mark ups... but don’t knock them for trying to stay profitable. It saves jobs and peoples lively hoods.

Now in normal times you could order one with out all the stuff if you didn’t mind waiting a month or 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote