View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 05:03 AM   #6
TheBrightSide

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS coupe (MT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
When you get started would you take some pictures for us?
Sure. And the main part I wanted to emphasize, was an Improved Racing EGM-114, 200° F degree oil cooler thermostat. I specifically got this over the Mishimoto sandwich oil cooler (I don’t know the specific part # or model of part) thermostat, since I heard those leaked a fair bit.

I also fear that my cheaper AN-10 oil cooler lines (braided stainless steel) will leak at their fittings. However, this is also fear from some other users’ experiences; and some even had their Mishimoto oil cooler lines and cooler fittings/threads leak, especially after heavy, hard driving (track driving, drag racing).

I think I should be pretty set; as I looked up which fuses to pull, in order to prime the engine oil (should be fuses for fuel injectors). I think I’m probably going to pre-fill the oil cooler itself, but I’m not sure about the lines themselves… Maybe someone with experience can chime in? I usually fill the oil filter, but that’s also debatable; and it’s probably not even nearly as important in this case…
TheBrightSide is online now   Reply With Quote