View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 03:25 PM   #1
Mohawk_1SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS M6
Front Tire Size on 1SS Camaro (MRR M017 Wheels)

All,

First the Background:

I'm looking for a little assistance selecting the right tire size for wider wheels on my 1SS. I plan to use the MRR M017 wheels (same dimensions as the 1LE wheel) and want to avoid as many headaches as possible. From looking on the forums, I've seen that It's best to keep the OD of the front and rear tires within 1 inch of each other to avoid confusing the stabilitrak/traction control, and that moving the wiring harness under the driver-side rear wheel liner is a good idea. Without clearance considerations, I would like to use a 275/35/20 setup for the front, and a 315/30/20 setup for the rear, as this would keep the tire OD roughly the same as stock, and also have the front OD slightly larger than the rears (also, same as stock). However, MRR/Phastek recommends 275/30 tires for the front (which results in the front OD being roughly 0.7 inches smaller than the rear, quite a bit different than stock).

The car is not lowered, will likely never be lowered, and does not have magnetic ride control. Not sure if it matters, but I plan to run MP4S tires.

Now the questions:

1. Has anyone had issues (mainly clearance/rubbing) running 275/35/20 tires up front using a 1LE (or similar sized) wheel?
2. Has anyone had any issues (clearance, traction control, etc.) running 275/30/20 tires up front?
3. The standard 1le/zl1 front tire is 285/30/20. Is there a reason this would not be recommended for a 1SS?

Thanks in advance!
Mohawk_1SS is offline   Reply With Quote