View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 12:11 PM   #7
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18ss376 View Post
Great! Yes I have cat-less headers, guess I'll buy the rest of the exhaust system?
Do I just need the Borla X-pipe without the AFM valves & do I need to add the mufflers with or without NPP also. My tune is with AFM tuned off, I think the NPP is still in the tune.
You can buy the X without AFM since you no longer use it. The NPP part is up to you and depends if you still want to be able to close the valves for a quiet mode. I just did the Flowmaster NPP Axle back and it fixed my NPP valve rattle. I like the sound as well...nice and tolerable with no drone closed, but loud when open. My AFM valves were barely used far as open/close so they don't seem to be making any noise. The general consensus is the more those valves have opened/closed, they tend to loosen up and make noise.

My recommendation if you want all Borla is to get the resonator X and Sport(Not Attack) axle back since you have headers.

As JonD mentioned check your crossmember for clearance as that will cause a rattle you describe before getting too carried away.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is online now   Reply With Quote