Thread: My dyno chart
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 08:18 PM   #1
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
My dyno chart

I was just really curious about the effect of the borla midpipe resonator on my car. I really got the acoustic result I was after, even better than I was expecting. It was that nagging question about what it did to the turbo efficiency I just wanted to know. I also have a KN drop in filter, oh yeah and the racechip gts. That is where I took the comp from its why their chart is used here. I am not even at the rank amateur level of understanding all the ins and outs quite yet. But I can read a chart, lol.

My RC GTS is set on 6 of 7 backed it off because of ping. My chart has the highest rounding/smoothing for dynojet at 5 you can see. The RC chart seems to have less smoothing owing to the peak shapes. Always here ya'll go, for your edification. If you ask me questions I probably cant give an answer, I didn't pepper the tech with questions that would make me look like the noob I am. Its SAE corrected. Anyways I don't think I could have built a better curve if I set out to do it on purpose. Torque seems to peak earlier and stay flatter, but again it could be computer rounding at play. Maybe a very mild amount of back pressure has a fringe benefit after all? The dyno guy (Alex) said my car dropped right off at 5500k. Makes me wonder what the Jacolator valve would add.. maybe next experiment. Thoughts?

Using the popular 15 percent drive train loss factor for M6 puts it right about 300 hp and 355 tq at the crank.
Attached Images

wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote