View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 12:35 PM   #8
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
with the ltg more so than the lt1, these cars are basically rolling weather stations on wheels. its all based on the way the air is flowing across the MAF, when you change the conduit you are altering the calibration of Actual Air Mass flowing and the engine detects the inconsistency. its not apples for apples. bigger intake hole = more air is entering than being measured. This is the barrier to entry to modding w/o hitting the tune. The MAF adjustment is simple enough. yes Most times it will code and your not doing anything "good" by adding the CAI w/o calibration to measure the air accurately. But yeah, if you calibrate the air intake, it will result in the engine using the increased air throughput, and correctly meter the fuel. Based on O2 feedback. Yes, anything for more air throughput is a good path to power.

Sometimes is why the O2 sensor pops up and says, "hey, I am seeing a problem with the O2 levels in the spent fuel" WB or NB O2 sensor works by sweeping or hunting across the static O2 level during cruise. The O2 sensor feeds the info back to fueling to lean or richen the fuel. If your adding more air than your accounting for, the trims will work to correct the imbalance. But that only goes so far. and at some point it reports an anomaly.

there are transients that (as I understand these triggers) mostly are responsible for triggering faults. As the demand crosses these phases of startup/warmup, cruise, accel, decel, all those events are seriously managed by the ecu and have their 'normal' parameters.

But- if the MAF is calibrated, everything else falls into line.

So the point is if you eat a lot of beans, expect some free gas. You are what you eat.

This is only a small patch of my log tables.

Name:  ws.PNG
Views: 1455
Size:  129.0 KB

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote