View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 08:10 AM   #46
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Yeah blame the people the company tried to screw. Get off your high horse.
Completely disagree. The UAW averages $63 an hour in wage and benefits. Why not go look for employment elsewhere instead of dragging down a company. Nobody twisted their arms to stay yet they had to have a temper tantrum and strike, costing GM billions and many future sales and customers. If GM could have shed the UAW, every single position could be filled with an average of $43 an hour wage and benefits which would not include a pension but a 401k. Had they really cared about their future, the UAW would have focused on getting their underfunded pension fully funded. No different then the teachers striking and putting undo stress and expenses on the everyday average citizen and students. I think you need to take the UAW off the pedestal you have them on. I don’t see any value the UAW puts in my 2 GM vehicles. In fact to offset the premium the UAW adds onto each vehicle, I typically only buy GM when the huge discounts occur like this time of year. Agree to disagree is where we are at on this one.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote