View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 10:19 PM   #27
Tuner2muscle

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
V6 Supercharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriff14 View Post
So, I’m in the same boat as you, but I’ll be purchasing a SC for Black Friday. That being said, after researching the three brands I’m leaning towards the Tuner Kit from Edelbrock and buying an Overkill tune.

I currently have a Trifecta tune from Black Friday a couple years ago which was a mistake because they don’t offer forced induction tuning I just found out.

Iirc someone did post here about getting the V6 Procharger kit but they have a 1LE.

Here are my biggest takeaways:
-All kits have an option to include a tune. However, Overkill offers free lifetime tune revisions.

-Pricing for Stage 1 kits with tune as of 11/4/19 = Edelbrock $4,999.87, Overkill $5,899.00, Procharger $6,099.00.

-HP/Torque gains (according to each vendor’s website) = Edelbrock 376whp/319lbft, Overkill 366whp/299lbft, Procharger ???whp/???lbft [Note: I haven’t found a procharger dyno sheet that wasn’t the 1LE I mentioned earlier, and their website doesn’t list one. Instead, they claim a 45% gain in HP so take from that what you like]

-Edelbrock and Procharger offer limited warranties with PC’s seeming more strict (your vehicle must be less than 3 years old and have less than 36,000 miles from what I read)

-Boost levels: Edelbrock 10 psi, Overkill 8-16 psi, Procharger 7 psi

-Overkill also offers a catch can system with their kit

Now, there are a variety of other differences that I haven’t mentioned but those were my biggest takeaways. Hope this helps (and I’m hoping it’s all as accurate as I tried to make it lol)
Also looking into this.. have you considered Janetty for the tune?
Any particular place you're looking at for the black friday sale on edelbrock?
Tuner2muscle is offline   Reply With Quote