View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 09:46 PM   #22
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCyphyr71 View Post
Ultimately for me, the main question isn't supercharging my V6. There are 3 options now to supercharge. My question is, which one is the best? Overkill seems good as we have drivers that have them installed. However, there is a dealer nearby in Indy that sells and installs ProCharger superchargers, with a warranty. But as of yet I haven't seen anyone here post information about them, let alone Edelbrock.

I'd like to hold off making the purchase until there's more information, but I'm unsure that will ever happen.
So, I’m in the same boat as you, but I’ll be purchasing a SC for Black Friday. That being said, after researching the three brands I’m leaning towards the Tuner Kit from Edelbrock and buying an Overkill tune.

I currently have a Trifecta tune from Black Friday a couple years ago which was a mistake because they don’t offer forced induction tuning I just found out.

Iirc someone did post here about getting the V6 Procharger kit but they have a 1LE.

Here are my biggest takeaways:
-All kits have an option to include a tune. However, Overkill offers free lifetime tune revisions.

-Pricing for Stage 1 kits with tune as of 11/4/19 = Edelbrock $4,999.87, Overkill $5,899.00, Procharger $6,099.00.

-HP/Torque gains (according to each vendor’s website) = Edelbrock 376whp/319lbft, Overkill 366whp/299lbft, Procharger ???whp/???lbft [Note: I haven’t found a procharger dyno sheet that wasn’t the 1LE I mentioned earlier, and their website doesn’t list one. Instead, they claim a 45% gain in HP so take from that what you like]

-Edelbrock and Procharger offer limited warranties with PC’s seeming more strict (your vehicle must be less than 3 years old and have less than 36,000 miles from what I read)

-Boost levels: Edelbrock 10 psi, Overkill 8-16 psi, Procharger 7 psi

-Overkill also offers a catch can system with their kit

Now, there are a variety of other differences that I haven’t mentioned but those were my biggest takeaways. Hope this helps (and I’m hoping it’s all as accurate as I tried to make it lol)

Last edited by dgriff14; 11-04-2019 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Wordy
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote