View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 12:52 PM   #229
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrennyZL1 View Post
Maybe, but on the other hand it comes down to is the car profitable. The benefit for the Camaro is it’s on the Alpha platform shared with a couple other vehicles which helps keep R&D down and allows for overhead cost sharing. I think the impala was cancelled because the Malibu is very similar sized yet selling very well (we actually have one) and they saw know point an investing money into a future impala.
From what i have heard, the gen7 refresh has been placed on indefinite hold, as GM has shifted the majority of it's R&D to solar tiled widgets and autonamous vehicles. Have also heard the gen 6 camaro was the final product for the Alpha platform.They simply have to adapt or perish,especially when the global car mfg has already taken that path( Volvo going all electric) I have also heard there is no new product identified at Lansing after 2022. Suffice it to say the won't be getting any Christmas cards from the White house, they have to show they are on board. Again, IMO Al moving to electric was the first clue. Guess we wait and see..

Last edited by LateBrakeU2; 12-20-2018 at 04:32 PM.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote