View Single Post
Old 08-14-2023, 12:10 PM   #118
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Howdy all,

I'm trying to see what higher-rate rear springs will compensate for the rod ends I installed. I went complete rod-end on my car, and know I have reduced the spring rate. Unscientifically - I see, that at least, one of the OEM control arm bushings I replaced has an approximate spring rate of probably 5lbs/in to about 30-lbs @ about 3-4” of compression ( rough measurements using a vice and scale). As far as I can tell, there are (2) knuckle bushings and (3) control arm bushings, per side, I should try to account for, assuming, values are close.

I'm just trying to make up the difference - I am not trying to lower the car more. I just want to make up the spring rate I lost. I feel like I should go with the FE3 non-MRC springs, but I have MRC...

Does anyone have information, or where I COULD go, to get information on what springs I should go with? I'm not trying to replace all (4) - just the bring the rear back closer to what it used to be. I also thought about preloading a few of the remaining OEM bushings instead, but didn’t really want to tear/wear them out sooner for stupid reasoning.

Thanks.
Chuck

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote