View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 04:29 AM   #12
aai

Drives: '17 SS/1LE/PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Well the OP stated "low-end" power. That is normally in reference to power under 3k rpm. Mid range is 3-5000, Top end is 5-7000. Yeah a Dyno registers below 3k rpm. Normally something in the stage 1 range will sacrifice very little down low in exchange for more mid range and upper end power. It's a worthy trade off imo...especially on a LT1 that has plenty of low end torque.

I would ditch VVT if going cam anyway and run Prays Stage 1 with his ported heads. That combo has been mentioned to drive better then stock and make 550+ whp. There is a guy running low 10's with that setup.
Just checked my dyno sheet. It does register below to around 2700rpms. My stage 3 cam makes approx. 80wtq over stock at that range on 93. Guess I was being selfish, that the OP was thinking or cared about the spirited street driving more where most of the fun is at 3-6k rpms, when thinking of cam swap. Even a slush box top gear doing a quick deliberate pass on the beltway, doesn't it kick down a gear in a split second that puts you in midrange?? Or are we talking hyper mile driving with an SS.

Last edited by aai; 11-13-2018 at 04:52 AM.
aai is offline   Reply With Quote