View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 01:08 AM   #146
Yves ZL1

Drives: Canadian 2019 BLACK ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drews View Post
Sorry for the late reply guys... i've been working and the rest of the time i was taking advantage of the nice weather to go for rides in my ZL1.

To answer your question Yves ZL1... i've been gathering the last 5 digits of the L year build Camaro ZL1's first and foremost for my personal amusement and curiosity. As Green ZLE stated in his post... GM has a rather variable way of establishing there VIN numbers on occasion... why? I do not know.

I started taking the VIN numbers down at first to try and find out at what frequency the 2020 ZL1 cars had these plaques on the LT4's... because a fellow Canadian ZL1 ...(if you look at the previous posts you can find his post here) he had stated on this forum that at a dealer he visited in his region had 2020 ZL1's on inventory and that most of them did not have these plaques. Hence i found that mysterious and i started taking down the last 5 digits of the 2020 year builds to try to establish if there was a pattern or not.

But today, after having contacted GM, what i've learned is that all future Camaro ZL1's will have these hand-built LT4 engines from the Performance Build Center in Bowling Green Kentucky, and will now have these "plaques" on the engines.

Take care guys

Andrew

Nice Andrew ... very clear for me
Yves ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote