View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 09:20 PM   #12
John_B

Drives: 2020 WRX. 2002 C5Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
If you're gonna boost it, I'd look into some gently used ZL1s, if such a thing exists...

Not only do you get a forged motor but the suspension and electronics are all tuned for the extra weight and power, you get the ZL1 front end, side skirts, wider front fenders, ZL1 hood, larger exhaust tips, 2SS features in general, and far, far better resale value. IMO, it's a better deal to start with a ZL1 if you're going blower.

OTOH, I'd rather have my SS 1LE and build that 500 hp motor you're talking about, it weighs less, generates less heat under the hood, and you can probably build it to ~7500 rpm redline with the right valvetrain. There's a member here, Nicky something, dammit I can't remember, but his SS 1lE is a racecar and he somewhat recently posted about his new valvetrain parts. I'd be interested to see how that turned out!
Well if i get a Camaro SS, i wont boost it. Mustang, yes... the used ZL1 is definitely an option and ill keep an eye out. I really don’t like buying other peoples used cars and the risk that comes with it. But i also think that would be slightly out of budget going 50k+

A 500hp all motor SS would definitely be fun, just need to keep telling myself its fast enough lol
John_B is offline   Reply With Quote