View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 03:25 PM   #10
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I have long guessed that the GT500 will be one of the following. IF there is only one variant than it will be faster than the ZL1 in all aspects, but not quite as good on the track as the ZLE.

If there is say a "base" and R than the R better be faster than the ZLE or it will be a bad look for Ford given how much time they have had to build the damn thing. Also the price must be within reason.

If there is 1 version, I say it splits the ZL1 and ZLE price. If there is two, then I expect the GT500 variants to be right there in line with ZL1 and ZLE price. Speaking MSRP of course
I agree.

It seems to me that Ford is heavily invested in MRC and while it is a great dual purpose suspension for both street and track, the ZL1 1LE DSSV suspension is all track oriented.

I consider the DSSV shocks on par with high-end coilovers that you see on track special cars. I don't see Ford going that hardcore track with the GT500, I think they still want to maintain dual purpose with it, as to where GM said F it, we want a TRACK car, ie ZL1 1LE

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote