View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 04:46 PM   #5
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I have long guessed that the GT500 will be one of the following. IF there is only one variant than it will be faster than the ZL1 in all aspects, but not quite as good on the track as the ZLE.

If there is say a "base" and R than the R better be faster than the ZLE or it will be a bad look for Ford given how much time they have had to build the damn thing. Also the price must be within reason.

If there is 1 version, I say it splits the ZL1 and ZLE price. If there is two, then I expect the GT500 variants to be right there in line with ZL1 and ZLE price. Speaking MSRP of course
I met someone at Atco a few weeks ago who said he worked for a Ford dealer as a mechanic and he said his place was taking deposits for the GT 500. But the only thing buyers are told is it will have more than 700 HP and you might not get much change from $100K. Maybe that is a GT500/R version or it was just a bunch of BS. I agree with you a base GT500 should be in the ZL1/Hellcat neighborhood. Still that 4,200+ weight bothers me. Weren't the last ones around 3,900 pounds?