View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 04:16 PM   #58
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
My original plan was to get the ZL1 1LE, but since it would be my only car and a daily driver, I couldn't justify it. I even test drove one.

I would not want to put lesser tires on it (like the 4S), and the stock tires are not daily driver friendly (wear fast, take a long time to get heat into them, not good in rain) and while the Supercar 3's on the SS 1LE are not perfect for year round driving either, they get you closer and they grip pretty well even without heat in them.

I didn't mind the stiff ride, as my M3 with Ohlins were just as stiff and on some bumps even harsher, but then you factor in the other costs... increased fuel cost, increased insurance, replacing tires more often, and I just could not justify it for a daily driver that will MAYBE see 1 or 2 track days a year.
I understand. I just put the newly released Bridgestone S007A in stock size. It's an Extreme Summer tire. Much better all around tire. Didn't lose much I grip that you can tell on the streets. Feels the same, steering response is great. Supposed to be better dry grip than 4S but wet grip that won't kill you in a rain storm. I think it's a great compromise for the street.

/ / Katech TB // RotoFab Dry // Borla 60606 // ATI Super Damper / /
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote