View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 10:50 AM   #15
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Phoenix View Post
People always make it sound easier than it actually is to take control & get an unbelievable deal.
Negotiating the price is easy, financing on the other hand... That's where people break, if you understand how a dealership operates and detach your emotions from the purchase, then you have the upper hand, they are the ones who NEED to sell the vehicle, you can live another day without it.

Here's what I did:
  • Reiterated that I was only there because of the 0%
  • Thanked the dealer for the offer
  • Showed interest in the vehicle but willingness to drop the deal
  • Most importantly, DON'T EAT THEIR CRAP

They first said I didn't qualify for 0% and showed me a paper with the payments @ 5.59%, I said no can't do, can't give more money (I could, but I was low-balling myself), seller said "if you give $1k more we can give $3k", easy enough, went to finance, absolutely refused all the packages and protection warranties and what not, JUST THE CAR, then came signing, still wasn't happy with 5.59%, played their game, made ugly faces, multiple calls, always on the phone, calculating numbers, wasted 1 hour for both sales and finance manager to wear them down, repeated time after time that I'm only there because of 0% and I cared mostly about the interest, tried to sell me an extended warranty for $2500 but they'd lower the interest to 4.09%, BINGO! That's the number the bank gave them since they always upmark the interest because that's how they make money; then I told them that it's lunch time, and I'd return in 30 mins after having lunch once they'd figured out their numbers (showed I was willing to go away), sales manager said he'd cally GM Financial again, no go on the 0%, he gave up, said 4.09% with no warranty and I signed for my car.

It's not easy, they try to guilt trip and lie to you, finance guy said Mustang and Challenger incentives are a lie and that those cars don't sell, pffft; remember, they are NOT your friends, they constantly rip people off, and if you have the means for a 2019, now is the times to rip them off instead.

BTW, my credit was 803, again, only reason I didn't qualify for 0% was the $10k I was rolling in, with great credit and a reasonable down payment, you can qualify for special financing and if you pressure the dealers they can bundle the discounts, I also qualified for $1750 in GM Cash and I wasn't counting on that.
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote