View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #30
shiftz33

Drives: 17 SS Sedan, 04 SSR
I pulled fuse 5 and fuse 20 yesterday afternoon around 1:30 pm. I let it sit overnight and installed them this morning around 9:00 am before my drive into town.

WOW!

I didn't really feel that I had a "slow" L99, but I could definitely tell a difference during this morning's drive.

When my Camaro was delivered to me, the selling dealership "filled the tank". I questioned them on what fuel was used and the two dealership reps stated 87 octane. I stated that 91 octane (I live in CA with 91 being the best available) is required for the V8 Camaro. Then they changed their statement to "I'm sure they used that to fill it up".

I've always put 91 octane fuel in my Camaro, but I wonder if the dealership fill didn't cause mine to run a bit slow too.

I'm looking for a good location to try a 0-to-60 run, but I haven't found one just yet. There are a lot of hills around where I live. There is an extremely steep and long hill I drive up near my house and while driving up that hill I definitely could feel a difference.