Thread: Rev Match
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 12:00 PM   #60
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matos1LE View Post
People have this stupid idea that noise=speed lol. I came to a stop sign on a flooded street and kept the revs up because I didn't know if my exhaust tips were submerged. Up comes some idiot and honks at me as though I was going to blow the stop sign (despite the fact that my car was clearly at a full stop and had been before he arrived). My other favorite is some dude stepping out into the street to demand I slow down. Was doing 20 in a 30 mph neighborhood street with sport mode exhaust. I put it in neutral and revved up in his face, he's never tried that again...probably lost some hearing acuity there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
So true! Not with the Camaro, but my 1985 Monte was pretty obnoxious! Heavily modded, sounded bad azz!
Driving through the neighborhood where I lived then, barely doing 15 in a 30 mph residential zone, a woman came running out to the street yelling "SLOW DOWN, SLOW DOWN, THERE ARE CHILDREN HERE!" so I stopped and said I was only going 15, how slow should I be going in a 30 zone? Before she could answer, a Toyota Corolla whipped by us doing 40 easy, but quiet of course, so I just looked at her....she turned and walked away silently.... LOL!!!!

Yes, the noise gives the illusion of going too fast even when you aren't.

But I LOVE the noise!!!!
I've gotten the same response in my own neighborhood with all sorts of cars for years. When I was younger it may have been deserved, but for the past couple decades it's just people who have control issues.
I live in an increasingly progressive area, so many things are socially offensive.