View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 06:37 PM   #22
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Mustnag GT. Cheap car that can be upgraded.

Mustnag GT PP. Slower than the Mustnag GT in a straight line. Slightly faster than the Mustnag around a track. Not worth even talking about. Waste of money for those who want to mod.

Mustnag GT PP2. Still slower than the Mustnag GT in a straight line. Costs even more than the PP. Significantly faster than the GT and GT PP around a track but only 1 time.

Bullitt. Costs even more than the Mustnag GT PP2. Slower around a track than the Mustnag GT PP2. Slower than the Mustnag GT in a straight line. Has 20 more HP than the GT, GT PP, and GT PP2...and some de-badged.

GT350. Remarkably slower than the Mustang GT in a straight line. Marginally faster than the 1 lap wonder GT PP2. Costs more than a C8. Notable that it manages to beat all the others around a track.

GT350R. For $73K you can buy a Mustnag that is more expensive than ZL1, ZLE, C8, and C8 Z51...but still be slower than a $29K Mustnag GT in a straight line. Can beat the other Mustnags around a track. Can't beat any of the cheaper competition at anything. Sounds pretty cool.

GT500. Cheaper than a GT350R. Fastest Mustnag in a straight line. NOT the fastest Mustnag around a track.

GT500 CF. $93K. Lost more than it has won. Raced a Subaru.

Upcoming Mach1: Same HP as the Bullitt. Suspension equal to a PP1.5-ish type something or another. Will have coolers which will allow it to lose more than once around a track. Will probably cost about $63K if not more. Auto or manual. Will probably tie the $29K GT. Will lose to anything above the PP2 around a track. Will not beat any GM car that costs over $60K...at anything.

So this is what people are getting excited about? Seriously? Ford throws some stuff around, slaps a different badge on it, ups the price, and everyone criticizes GM for not doing the same thing? What will the Mach 1 actually beat. I doubt it beats the SLE around a track. The auto version might be slightly faster in a straight line. But it won't touch anything GM has in the same price range. I mean, maybe GM should take the LT4, remove the blower, throw it on a SLE, give it a different hood and front, call it a "Z28", ad sell them.

I'm not impressed. I do not find any of this exciting. People will probably pay markups for this just like they did for the Bullitts. And it will be just as disappointing but more expensively disappointing.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote