View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 01:52 PM   #16
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
I agree with everyone's sentiment on GM essentially, and basically abruptly, stepping away from further developments on the Camaro just after two model years (about around/after 2018 model year) and, basically, failing to market the vehicle for the 6th Generation in the general sense (yes, the SS, ZL1 and 1LE packages marketed greatly through various channels for performance enthusiasts, but marketing was severely lacking for the general public).

Nevertheless, even with the possibility of the point of self-inflicted poor sales, the below is something to consider towards not beating this topic to death time-after-time:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...blackwing-v-8/

The quote is directed towards Cadillac and the Blackwing V8, but the person the quotes comes from and basic subject matter is directly relative to the situation of Camaro and sport coupes/cars. I love the 6th Gen Camaro, it's a fantastic performance platform and very well engineered, but when it lacks is where sales matter the most for it: the general public. As much as one wants to argue the Camaro isn't a sportscar, I argue it is. By basic definition, no, it isn't, but by capability and the focused-direction of the platform in general, it certainly is. Enthusiasts=sports car. General public=sports coupe/sedan. This is why the Mustang and Charger/Challenger* end up beating out Camaro in sales.

*FCA has had so much time to recoup investment costs with these platforms, they are able to offer extremely lucrative finance deals/deals making them Charger/Challenger super easy accessible to basically anyone.
The bold agree 1000%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Yup. Agreed. This too. There was definitely some overlap between 6th Gen Camaro and C7; there is still over-lap to the C8. Two different kinds of sports cars vying for, in many cases, the same type of consumer, under the same brand. The legacy of "Corvette" is more inline with the legacy of "Mustang" than "Camaro" is... My question is, could GM have developed a better legacy for "Camaro" than they have? I think the path they were on could have...
Yep.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote