View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 02:16 AM   #6
TheElementalCashew

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1roadking View Post
It’s a sad day today. I put my beast away for the winter today, I think I shed a tear lol. Not just my car, but also my bike and last month my boat and wave runner. It’s gonna be a long winter. I guess it just makes spring that much better. On a serious note, I had a hell of a time putting fuel stabilizer in, at 1st I didn’t realize there was another push plate behind the black one and I was spilling stabilizer all over the floor through the over flow drain, what a friggin pain in the ass mess that was! Next year I’m getting a long thin funnel and that will be the end of that sh!t show lol. I ran it for about 30 minutes cleaned and dried it, then parked it on carpeted floor Matt’s with 40 psi in the tires. Where have you guys been hooking up the battery tender? It looks like the jumper cable hook ups under the hood should work but just getting some opinions. To all you cold weather guys F winter and thanks for any other ideas you have to help preserve my beast
Hey, I'm moving back up to NH from TX next year, but I usually store my car down here anyways during the winter so I should be used to that.

You should have a small black funnel somewhere in your trunk with the tire kit. I did the same as you when I first put stabilizer in. Just wait till next year when you do some WOT runs and all that stabilizer you spilled heats up and starts smelling. Thought I had a gas leak for a few days.

I hook the tender up under the hood. Seems to be the easiest way.

On a side note, I always put my cars up on jackstands. I left my car on Race Ramps Flatstoppers for three months earlier this year, and the stock tires were still heavily flatspotted when I moved the car.

Mods: Rotofab CAI, Tony Mamo TB, Kooks headers (green cats), 18% LPE lower pulley, E85/FlexFuel sensor. BC Forged RS41s (19x10, 19x12)/PS4S, R888R (305/325)
Dyno: E40: 661whp/703wtq, 93: 633whp/674wtq

TheElementalCashew is offline   Reply With Quote