View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 10:10 PM   #10
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMaRow View Post
I said this in another forum topic but Ill tell you what works for me. Stop using the internet and stop calling dealers on the phone.. If you see a car on the internet so does 1000 other people and the chance you'll be first well...and on the phone you are just another 1 of 2000 people who called and asked the same exact questions and the dealers really dont care about phone calls much they want you in the dealership. I found my ZL1 paid for it and just got it yesterday. Total waiting I did 4 weeks.. from start of looking till owning it. I paid MSRP. I did the same thing with a C8 I just walked out and got one no waiting at all. The key for me anyway is I dont look online I dont call salesmen on the phone. I pound the pavement and go to the dealers and ask and pester and ask questions. being front and center in the dealers show room means more then you could imagine.

I found My ZL1 the third dealer I went too. I asked if they had any coming and they checked and sure enough they had one coming. And no one had their name on it because it wasn't on the internet and the salesmen didnt know about it. only the sales manager knew it was coming and why it wasnt spoken for yet. because it wasnt on the net and a phone call would have gotten me a no answer since the sales men didn't know. Only because I went and spent an afternoon driving and going to the dealers around did I find it.

Same thing with my C8. The one i found wasn't online because it was technically sold. If i would of called I would of been told it was sold and they had none. but because I drove around and walked in at the right time I got it. Because literally 20 mins before i got there the original buyer backed out. again wouldn't have happened looking on the net and making phone calls.

I think people need to get back out and do shopping the old fashioned way. The internet and phone calling because no one wants to leave the house has ruined a lot.

Found my ps5 and xbox x the same way. Spent an after noon driving around and found both as orders that weren't picked up again by getting out and going to the stores in person.
I tried to order a ZL1 last September, I was like 3rd in line for an allocation, probably take 6-9 months they said. I took a shot and drove down to a dealer about 40 miles away and bought a new ZL1 that was sitting on the lot. Paid MSRP.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote