View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 09:35 AM   #1
Gary H

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Hello from the UK!

I thought I'd officially introduce myself!
My journey for a ZL1 started almost two years ago as a replacement to an HSV R8 Clubsport I'd owned and loved for 8 years. Similar to the Pontiac G8, but with a supercharged LS2 pushing 700bhp - and the most heavily modified one outside of Australia.
So during my ownership, nothing came along that floated my boat enough to change - 911 Turbo, GTR, Charger Hellcat...until I saw the ZL1
So the rest, as they is say history.
The challenges however, were immense:
-Chevy don't and won't sell the ZL1 in the UK (and in fact by the end of the year won't be selling any V8's)
-Chevy US wont sell a non U.S resident without a U.S address a new one.
-The majority of dealers won't and aren't set up for Export sales.
-Buying privately is fraught with risks
-There is no warranty once it leaves the Country.

If you can get passed that (!) there's the additional costs to consider: getting it to a port, clearing customs, maritime insurance, unloading, paying 30%(!!) duty and Tax, making it compliant with UK road laws...and then finally it's in my Garage. So as you can tell, some proper commitment to get it here - and then getting used to driving on the 'wrong' side

Anyway, to cut a longer story short, it's on it's way and it's ticked all my boxes:
2018 (must have the low washer level indicator ) Mosaic black, carbon hood, sunroof and PDR.
Mods have already started, so coming with the car will be:
1LE grill (dive planes are here already, but debating how they'd look with a standard ZL1 splitter)
Helix smoked LED rear lights with switchable sequential amber indicators
Rotofab intake
Tony Mamo throttlebody
ACS rockguards
Curb Alert
Weathertec mats
carbon dash and gear surround....the list goes on and on

Once here, I'll look at an Interchiller, headers, pulley, cam and tune.
Should be on a Boat next week and landed end of first week July.
Getting properly excited now!
Attached Images

Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote