View Single Post
Old 09-18-2022, 02:26 AM   #163
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Sparco Seat Installed today

OK well I installed SPARCO QRT seat last night using planted technology seat brackets and side mount brackets, PICS are below. The SEAT weighed only 20 pounds by itself. The CARBON fiber version weighs only 10 pounds. When I ordered this seat I DID NOT get the seat mounting hardware kit mainly because I THOUGHT that a set of side mounting seat brackets would come with mounting bolts , RIGHT??? Well, they DO NOT. Get the hardware mounting kit It will save you a trip to the hardware store (LOL). I already had FOUR Class 8 bolts with NYLOCK nuts that I had previously used to mount the original POS track seat I had so I was good to go there.

https://competitionmotorsport.com/co...43205359993051

The planted technology seat bracket and side mount brackets weigh 15 pounds together (SEE PIC). The last pic is of seat installed in car. A STOCK SS 2S seat weighs roughly 55 pounds. Basically then the sparco seat is 20 pounds LIGHTER than stock seat.

I am going to make a minor adjustment in that I will move the seat about a inch or so CLOSER to the door side to allow a little better access to the seat buckle. Right now it is a bit of a pain in the ass to get to.

Install tip, you need to install the seat brackets BEFORE you install the seat. The reason for this is that the planted technology bracket has to be installed in the slots in the floor and that initially is done at about a 45 degree angle and the pushed forward to lock down in place PRIOR to attaching the BACK of the bracket to the floor with the T50 TORX bolts.. If the SEAT is already installed on the brackets the you CANT get the 45 degree angle you need to STAB in the FRONT of the bracket into the floor. When I attached the SPARCO seat to the planted technology seat brackets I had to drill ONE hole for one of the four Class 8 bolts that I used to attach the seat to the planted technology bracket. THREE of the holes in side mount brackets that you attach to the sides of the seat lined up with some exiting holes already provided in the planted technology bracket.

You can adjust the angle of the seat by using the different holes in the side mount brackets. Look at the pic below of the side mount bracket as I currently have it installed. Since I would like for the back of the seat to be a little more UPRIGHT I will move the bolt to the BOTTOM hole on the bracket on the RIGHT side of the bracket which of course will move the BACK of the seat up.

Also I have ordered a buckle extender like this:
https://www.cesdeals.com/products/2p...hoCMl8QAvD_BwE

Because this seat has taller sides than a stock seat, the buckle position located on the console side of the seat is a bit too LOW to get really good access to it. The extender ABOVE will eliminate that issue. One of the pics below show the CURRENT position of the seat buckle which is currently is in a little bit of a hide-n-seek position.

Note that you have to compromise a bit if you DO NOT use seat sliders because NORMALLY your seat will be somewhat closer to the steering wheel in a TRACK racing situation VS. a normal driving position for daily driving. A good track position for instance dictates that your wrists be at or beyond top of the steering wheel when you extend your arms straight forward. Also if you get the seat TOO close to the steering wheel then you restrict your entry into the car. The BACK of the seat normally is a little more upright in a track racing situation as well. All that being said, entry access at the position I CURRENTLY have the seat is pretty good. Any closer to the steering wheel and that starts to become an issue in my opinion.
Attached Images

https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10

Last edited by sr71bb; 09-19-2022 at 10:47 AM.
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote