View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 08:26 AM   #87
the chosen one

Drives: 2017 Convertible 1SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weege View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. That some owners never experience the window separation, and others, like you, have it happen repeatedly suggests environmental factors. Was your Camaro exposed to a lot of sunlight?
I didn't garage my car and I drove it year round so my use case was probably more extreme than others. That said, we have pretty mild summers in Michigan; July/August are the only really sunny months.

From my experience the rear window seemed to delaminate during the winter months, which makes me think it's more related to cold weather. The most recent time it happened, was a month or so after I hand washed my top with convertible safe products. I think some detailing products (even though they are marketed for convertibles) dry out the fabric which causes it to shrink and puts alot of stress on the joint between the window and the frame/fabric causing it to fail. If I were to offer any advice it would be to just use water and a soft horse hair type brush to spot clean the top as needed.

Last edited by the chosen one; 01-10-2023 at 08:36 AM.
the chosen one is offline   Reply With Quote