View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
sspddmn

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE and 1991 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD ZL1 View Post
You mention "NEW".....

I am sure I am mis understanding your question. All new ZL1's are 50 state compliant. They all come with the same emission equipment. Only a modifed after factory car could be non CA compliant.

If you want one with the options that dont comply in CA, you could modify a new one and still have the same register issues once you tag it in CA. Sorry, I know I am not understanding something.
Unfortunately you are mistaken. I purchased my vehicle from out of state. At the time of ordering, the salesperson told me that i have to order it with the YF5 code for 50 state emissions. RPO FE9 provides the federal 50 state emissions sticker and RPO YF5 provides the California emissions sticker. The sticker is mounted on the underside of the hood on the driver's side.

Once I received my car, I had to go get a smog check prior to going to the DMV to register. Trust me, get the smog prior to going to the DMV. You'll thank me later for not having to stand in these long DMV lines twice like i had to.